We all crave for sweets and candies. There is always a special place for desserts. Our heart always craves one more candy and the last one while the mind keeps reminding us about fitness and diet. We care for your health and well-being, so we have discovered, and curated sugarless candies filled with lots of love which makes a perfect balance between cravings and fitness.
Let’s get creative in cooking and prepare some yummy ‘Sugar-Free' candies with natural and healthy ingredients
Let’s get started with our favorite and healthy fruit Orange. Yes, let’s make orange candies.
Sweet and Sour Orange Candies:
- Jaggery powder – 1 Cup
- Oranges - 2
- Lemon – 1 teaspoon
Serves - 10-15 candies
- Take two oranges and cut each of them into half and squeeze the juice.
- Strain the orange juice to separate the pulp and juice.
- Heat the extracted orange juice and add one teaspoon of lemon juice and mix it gently.
- Continue heating the syrup till the consistency becomes thick.
- Check the consistency of the syrup by adding it to a cup of water, if it forms softballs then we can stop heating, and now the syrup is ready to be put into molds.
- Pour the syrup into mold and allow it to settle for 5-6 hours
- Transfer the candies from mold to a container, sprinkle the jaggery powder on the candies
Yayyyyy....the super yummy sugarless orange candies are ready to serve
Orange candies can be consumed every day as oranges have amazing health benefits, Oranges boost our immune system, they are excellent sources of Vitamin C and help us in the prevention of dreadful diseases like cancer. Most importantly oranges help us in having glowing and smoother skin.
Jaggery is always a perfect and healthy replacement for sugar, Jaggery candies are simple to prepare and they just need three easily available ingredients. These jaggery candies are a concoction of ginger and honey which works as medicine for cough, let’s make tasty medicines here we go!!
- Honey – 1/2 Cup
- Jaggery – 1 Cup
- Ginger – 2 pieces.
Serves - 10-15 candies
- Add one cup of jaggery and 1/4 cup of water to a frying pan and starting heating
- Cook until the jaggery gets dissolved completely.
- Filter the jaggery syrup to remove any dust
- Cook filtered jaggery syrup for two mins and add 1/2 cup of honey.
- Blend ginger and add the extracted ginger juice to the mixture of honey and jaggery.
- Continue to cook until the syrup thickens and check for consistency.
- Add the syrup to a cup of water if it forms a crystal consistency then the jaggery syrup is cooked properly and we can turn off the flame.
- Spread the jaggery syrup in a round shape on butter paper and leave it for 30 mins to settle.
Gently separate the candies and they are ready to serve.
Jaggery is a natural detox, cleanses the stomach and helps in weight loss. It is loaded with minerals and fibers which purify blood. Keeps our liver healthy and the list goes on. In short jaggery helps us in keeping up our overall health.
What are you waiting for? Just grab the candies and stay healthy.
Yummy Dates candies
Dates are energy boosters and natural sweeteners with great nutritional value and these yummy dates candies are a blend of sesame and almonds which are powerhouse of energy and give us perfect proportions of minerals and vitamins.
- Deseeded date – 1 Cup
- Ghee - 1 teaspoon
- Almond - ½ Cup
- Sesame seeds – ½ Cup
Serves - 15-20 candies
- Add half spoon ghee to the pan and add one cup of deseeded dates and start heating
- Heat the pan for 4-5 mins and mix gently
- Blend the almond slightly and add the powder and mix it well with the dates.
- Add sesame seeds to the pan and mix again for 2-3 mins to form a paste
- Allow the paste to cool down for 30 mins
- Take a wrapping paper and spread the mixture in the shape of a bar and fold the wrapping paper.
- Freeze the folded wrapping paper for 2-3 hrs. and cut the mixture into slices.
These yummy dates candies are a blend of sesame and almonds which are a powerhouse of energy and give us perfect proportions of minerals and vitamins. Dates strengthen our bones and improve our heart health too.
We always try to reduce sugar intake but still crave for desserts after a meal these tiny cute candies are perfect for your cravings and super easy to prepare. Eat right and Stay healthy