The good ol’ School days. You know what made them extra special? Our best friend.
Remember how we used to make elaborate plans with our best friend for the day ahead — whether s/he was coming to school, for picnics, group presentations, home study sessions (that eventually turned out to be a party). And… hiding the homework from the teacher if one of us hadn’t done the work, and standing outside the class with our hands up for punishment… You both were inseparable.
With not a hoot to give about, we had a world of our own. Those were the days… when little things like distributing chocolates on the birthday would make us feel like the king of the world. Or when maa used to say: “Kuch nahi ho sakta tum dono ka…” (Nothing better can happen to both of you!), and you used to smile sheepishly knowing it was true.
But, who cared! You had your bestie by your side. To study, have fun, make plans, discuss the latest crush, dream about the future, taking our side in the fight, to make the good days worth it and bad days better… BFF it was! Sharing the best and the worst moments. We grew up together. Evolved together.
And if this was not enough, here’s reminiscing some of the best school memories we have had with our best friend ♥️
1. Remember these landline conversations:
You — “I am not coming tomorrow”
Bestie — “Arrey yaar… I can’t take a leave this week. Aaja na please.”
You — “Accha, theek hai. Par Monday pakka se absent hongey. Aise bhi maths ke double period hai.”
Bestie — “Han pakka. Acha, you bring maths book tomorrow. I will get history. Bahut bhaari hai yaar dono.”
2.Starting the day with the latest reports (aka gossips) of the world with your bestie – “Tune suna uska breakup ho gaya…” 😯
3. Standing near your bestie in the assembly line, even though your heights didn’t match just to discuss and giggle on inside jokes.
4. Good Moorrrrnnnniiiiiinnnngggggg maaaaa’aaaaammmmm 🤓 (We bet you could hear that!!!)
5. When the teacher asked to choose a partner for the group project, you knew who your soulmate was 🙌🏼
6. Copying the homework of one subject from their notebook, while they copy from yours.
7. Sulking all day when you both were forced to sit apart in class ☹️
8. And talking at length during the recess about how bad the new partner is: “Woh Hindi period me teacher ko question puchta hai!”
9. The coveted last bench was your sweet heaven 😎
10. Bunking that boring lecture to roam around the school because some teacher had given you some work for a (non-existent) event 😉
11. Planning who would run to the canteen as soon as the recess started to get the food…
12. And relishing the canteen’s hard-earned rajma chawal together 😋
13. Those pen fights and odd-even games to decide who would have to write the notes.
14. Marking out important questions and distributing who prepares what for the class test!
15. Reason for fight: Your bestie got scolded by the teacher because of your fault 😬
16. Coming at the same time for the PTA meetings to have each other’s support.
17. Making your best friend fill the first page of your new slam book.
18. Eating your bestie’s tiffin because they had bought Pav Bhaji 🤤 (Reason: “Tu ghar jaake kha lio.”
19. Pulling ties, opening their shoelaces by accident – oh! how we loved irritating them.
20. Passing on written chits (papers) during lectures where you couldn’t talk.
21. Colouring your dirty PT shows with chalk to avoid the running punishment.
22. Praying together for the worst possible weather so school declares a holiday: “Itni baarish ho ki classroom me paani bhar jaaye.”… “Baraf padni chahiye iss baar. School band.”
23. Roaming around the school corridors with your bestie like a full-on gunda duo — “Tu janta nahi mera bhai kaun hai”! 😎
24. Exchanging tazos, pokemon cards and stamps to complete the collection.
25. Getting your bestie to sign the test you flunked… “Tu pehle practice karle na. Shak ho jayega.”
Yes, we did not have enough money for lavish cakes or fancy restaurants. But, those parties and canteen ki maggi were way more delicious than the food at those high-end cafes can ever be. Because… we had the best company in the world. And infinite time to talk. Those were the most unconditional, untainted version of friendship we would ever know with somebody. With our best friend.
And we know you’re thinking about your best friend right now. So, what are you waiting for? Just call them up (yes, call – not message!) and get nostalgic about your school time memories ♥️
In a culture and tradition that is as wide as India, every state has its very own delicious creations. The various traditional foods of Indian States put together present an abundance of flavor, spices, texture, and a heavenly potential to satisfy the food lover in you!
Check out these 28 traditional foods from Indian states and be proud of our gastronomic universe:
How much time does it take for my order to ship?
We take 1-2 days to process the order and then the products are shipped via courier partners. It takes anywhere between 2-5 days a product to reach.
Please note that the shipping costs are included in the product price.
What if I am not happy with the order because of the quality and taste?
GO DESi follows a transparent, no questions asked returns policy for all full-price products bought from the online store. You can return unused products you have ordered within 15 business days of the date of receipt. Return shipment fees will have to be borne by the customer.
How can I track my order?
Once the order is processed from our end and dispatched from our warehouse, courier partner will email you the details carrying your tracking number and the link to track your order.
What time of day will my order be delivered?
Our courier partners make sure they give you a call before delivering the product. Please make sure you are available to receive the calls as usually after three failed attempts at delivery followed by an email reminder from our team, the product shall be returned to our warehouse.
How are GO DESi products prepared?
We source/manufacture all our products from Micro Units based in Rural India. We work with Farmer cooperatives and Self Help Groups to bring classic Indian recipes and snacks for our consumers. All of the GO DESi products are “As is” i.e. made in the traditional manner by locals with tremendous knowledge about indigenous ingredients, flavors and ingredients giving GO DESi an unparalleled authenticity.
How does GO DESi ensure quality parameters at the Micro Units?
GO DESi not only undertakes the effort to find the lost recipes in the farmlands and rural kitchens but also standardizes these units and their products, paving a way for them to reach the urban markets.
We identify the Micro unit(s) and inspected them for quality & hygiene standards. Once on-boarded, these micro units are standardized as per GO DESi standards to make sure they meet all the statutory requirements and quality parameters. A quality controller at unit monitors the workers and the manufacturing process on a daily basis and ensures that only the best of products go out in the market.
Are GO DESi’s products suitable for kids?
Kids love our products.
All GO DESi products are made with 100% natural ingredients. None of our products contain any artificial preservatives, colors or flavors, making our products a perfect snack for all age groups alike.
How are GO DESi products different from other snacks available in the market?
We at GO DESi, live by the principle of Eat good, Do Good.
All GO DESi products are made from natural ingredients, are minimally processed, are preservative free, and have no added flavors or colors. Since our products are manufactured as close to the farm as possible, it helps preserve the authentic local flavors & formats tastes of the products.
While we strive to bring the authentic regional recipes from all over India, we ensure that a minimum of 30% of the final price that you pay goes back to the micro enterprise. This not only, increases the share of marginal farmers in the food value chain but also helps in creation of jobs and sustainable economic centers in rural areas.
Are GO DESi products vegetarian?
Yes. All our products are 100% vegetarian and are vegan-friendly as well.
Except for Imli pop & Ginger Kashaya, the other products are shipped in handy packs of Rs. 20 each. These packs are small enough to carry in your handbag or pocket.